Developed with one of Japan’s top drummers, Akira Jimbo, the Zildjian K1224 K Hybrid Hi-Hat Bottom features an innovative brilliant/traditional surface for a musical “darkness with brilliance” combination. The inner unlathed section helps control the wash and sustain, making it ideal for recording and live situations.
The innovative “hybrid hammering” design on the bottom cymbal results in increased surface area contact between the cymbals and a warmer chick and wash than normal Mastersound hammering. Akira specified the 13-1/4″ size to combine the power of a 14″ size and the control of a 13″.
The 14″ HiHats capture the same sound as the existing 13″ models but with extra volume and more breadth of sound.
- Designed with Japanese drummer Akira Jimbo
- Innovative brilliant/traditional finish combines “darkness with brilliance”
- Reverse mastersound “hybrid hammering”
- Warmer chick and wash than Mastersound hammering
- Choice of greater control or volume: 13-1/4″, or 14-1/4″
- Family : K Family
- Type : HiHat
Get your hands on the Zildjian K1224 K Hybrid 14″ Hi Hat Pair today!